Friday, August 3, 2007

15 Seconds of Fame

Why are people in my demographic (18-34?) so obsessed with fame? Apparently fame is the #1 desired thing based on surveys. I can't believe that, because I'd much rather have money than fame. Then again I guess you can parlay your fame into money. Maaybe that's why? Or maybe it just goes back to the fact that it's human nature to want to be recognized? I guess I find it so hard to believe since I don't really like being in the spotlight; I'd much rather be the person behind the show.

But hey, I got my 15 seconds of fame on the Kevin and Bean radio show the other day. Ralph read my email for his running "Rock Me Amadeus" gag yesterday for the 9:00 Showbiz Beat. It was about Comic Con and how at the con Paramount revealed Zachary Quinto is the new Spock for the upcoming Star Trek prequel. "Spock will make him famous!" W00t.

So am I officially Internet-level pathetic now? I think so. I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

(For those of you keeping track at home, when you add this bit to EVO and PAX 2004, I should have like, 12-13 minutes left of Internet fame.)

No comments: