Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Boiling Point (Restaurant)

Man what is it with hot pot and mediocrity? It seems like all the hot pot or shabu shabu places here in Monterey Park aren't great but aren't bad either.

Boiling Point gets high marks for value. For like $10 or less you get your own individual hot pot that comes with an assortment of stuff. You can also order dishes a la carte. I got some stinky tofu but to be honest I've had much better.

The service was pretty non-existent, but to be fair a factor might be that I'm not enough of a FOB to warrant attention. I'm used to it. Wei on the other hand, should have fit in. I guess I brought us down?

Oh and the food? It was ok. Not too bad, but not too good either. The sauces they have are easily the best part. I guess I'm 2 for 2 now in terms of mediocre hot pot.

Rating: 2.5/5 I'd recommend going to Little Fat Sheep (or whatever it calls itself) instead.

Boiling Point
153 Garvey Ave Monterey Park, CA 91755
(626) 288-9876

No comments: