Monday, September 10, 2007

Backwatch '07: A Brief Update

Thanks to all those who expressed concern over my back. I'm pretty much fine now.

My back still bothers me when I stay in one position for too long, but it's not really pain so much as it is a tightness. Older people I've talked to tell me they have this problem but it's still pretty sad that I'm like this and I'm not even 30 yet. Clearly such is the effect of neglecting my body and leading a stereotypical nerd/geek lifestyle. I guess I'll be working on taking better care of myself from here on out.

One of the more annoying things is that I can't sleep in one position that long, I have to either get up and stretch or change positions in the middle of the night. It's not super annoying but it's not like I get a great night of sleep either. I suppose I could try painkillers before bed every night but that doesn't seem like a great idea. It might be time to get a better mattress but that is pretty expensive. I'll have to see how I'm feeling in another week or so.

I guess it could be worse. I could still be in pain and walking abnormally.

No comments: