Monday, September 17, 2007

Backwatch '07: Status Update

This weekend was the ultimate test for my back.

On Saturday I went to the LA County Fair with a couple of my friends. We ended up spending 8 hours there. I had no idea the fair was so huge, I saw the fire safety area, the garden, and a rock wall among other things. A good deal of the time was walking and while my feet hurt since I'm flatfooted I'm happy to report that my back held up admirably. No pain there at all, though I did strongly consider getting a foot message. We ended up walking all over the place and checking out a lot of the buildings which are mainly the same booths selling the same products and services over and over again. I must admit I particularly enjoyed the California State Lottery booth where my group spent some time playing scratchers. I ended up ahead by $11 which was good enough for me. My friend also bought some jank dvd films and we ended up watching one that night. More on that in a future blog post.

On Sunday I played Los Verdes Golf Course and walked the whole thing. This turned out to be quite a beating despite the fact that I had a pull cart. It was a nice course in terms of the view as well as a super good value; I can see why it's so hard to get a good tee time there.

The end result of all these excursions is that I'm actually aching in almost every part of my body BESIDES my back. I suppose this is good, but it clearly indicates how much of a beating my body took over the weekend and is a sad comment on my health. Still, it beats super-agonizing back pain.

Also, I really need to get more sleep. I'm fairly certain the 6 hours or so I get isn't enough for my body to really heal. I definitely want to be rested for this weekend too so I can celebrate my birthday without falling asleep half-way through.

2 comments:

Jen said...

No reason not to try it out; you live in the SGV, foot-massage capital of the nation!

Binkley said...

That's a good point.