Monday, April 14, 2008

2007 in Movies

Because I have borderline OCD, I save just about every ticket stub from a film. Usually these end up stored in a junk drawer for years before I finally get rid of them during a fit of cleaning. However, I realized that I can totally justify hanging onto my stubs in order to do a quick retrospective on all the films I've seen over the course of a year.

What have I learned from this?

I see a LOT of films...and I'll see ANYTHING. Seriously, I have no taste and it shows. I don't know why but I can't really get into watching films on DVD or more than once so a movie ticket is about the same cost for me. (I also don't like the clutter so if anything I would Netflix.) I suppose the main issue is when I'm at home I'd rather play video games than watch a movie. (TV shows are a whole different thing though, I totally buy those season sets since I don't have cable/satellite.)

Here's the list of films including dates I've seen them. I've rated the films on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being super perfect awesome and 1 being beyond craptastic. I've allowed myself 1/2 point precision. Keep in mind I've built up a huge tolerance for bad films so some of these lower ones are probably unwatchable for the uninitiated among you.

Random Stats: So from this we can tell I watch a lot of movies during the summer and winter seasons, which makes sense since these are the big seasons in the film industry. I will note that the high number of January through April films totally means I watch quirky/crappy films. Interestingly enough, I saw 0 films in October. I blame this on the fact that no one wanted to see Saw IV with me and I never got around to seeing Michael Clayton.

And yes, I am saving my stubs for 2008 so this will be a yearly thing. Hopefully I'll be able to post this in January rather than April.

No comments: