Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend Update 5/30/08 - 6/01/08

(In an effort to increase the regular content on this blog and in order to figure out just what I do with my life, I've decided to start keeping records of my activities on the weekends. This is sure to be more boring than a Physics/English lecture for the three of you reading this blog, so feel free to skip this entry. These are mainly for me.)

Friday

This is not going to be a very exciting entry, as I spent the bulk of the weekend at JAM 2008, a conference for work that was held in Nashville, Tennessee. I actually flew out on Wednesday and I can assure you nothing exciting happened besides me leveling up at work.

The special event this year was dinner at the Wild Horse Saloon. I learned two important things here:
  1. The number of people who are curious and/or enjoy line dancing is staggering. (I believe most of these people were from non-West Coast states.)
  2. I LOVE fried pickles. Frying does indeed make everything better.


During the whole convention I played a lot of The World Ends With You before going to bed each night. This game is really addicting. I'm glad SquareEnix can make an original game for once.

Saturday

The bulk of Saturday was spent at the conference and traveling home. I had lunch in Nashville at The Rainforest Cafe. This chain is only one step above Chuck E. Cheese.

The flight from Nashville to LAX was delayed but we made it up in the air. (My flight to Nashville was also delayed but recovered in the air.) I must say I'm quite impressed the airlines making up their delay while airborne.

When I got back to LA I wanted some ethnic food, so I hit up Versailles with my friends. I enjoyed it as always...I love their pork dishes and plantains.

Sunday

This day was spent organizing and cataloging a lot of my belongings for sale on Craigslist. I'm moving in August so right now I am in the process of paring down all my possessions. Having to go through all my stuff has really made me think more about what I spent my money on and which items I keep/store. It's definitely an eye-opening experience that I recommend everyone do at least once a year (Spring Cleaning?) regardless of whether or not one is moving.

Summary

No comments: