Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekend Update 6/6/08 - 6/8/08

(In an effort to increase the regular content on this blog and in order to figure out just what I do with my life, I've decided to start keeping records of my activities on the weekends. This is sure to be more boring than a Physics/English lecture for the three of you reading this blog, so feel free to skip this entry. These are mainly for me.)

Friday

I deviated from my normal AJAX studying to have dinner at Twohey's and go to Edgeworld for a Marvel Universe sealed event. It was super nerdy but I had fun even if I did get back home at 1 AM or so. Once again, I am amazed at how close the OC is when there's no traffic.

Saturday

I got up late and ended up going into work just to use my workspace. I still couldn't debug my AJAX/PHP/MySQL error though. It was beatings. On the plus side, I was only minutes away from a co-worker's graduation and birthday party + BBQ. The chicken there was pretty good, and it was only marinated in oil + balsamic vinegar. I will have to try that sometime.

After dinner I made it back to the SGV and looked at some rooms for rent. I am tempted to upgrade my lifestyle and rent a master bedroom but I know I probably shouldn't. After all, I am currently doing fine with my current sized room (about 110 sq ft.) and sharing a bathroom. I should leave the upgrading for when I actually buy property (if that ever happens).

The night was capped by watching Adam Sandler's latest film, You Don't Mess With the Zohan. I wasn't going to see this film at first but then the latest trailer had Zohan's ridiculous Israeli commando moves and I was sold. The film turned out to be decent and quite entertaining; I can safely say that it had everything I wanted in a spoof/satire film about the Israeli-Palastinian conflict in the Middle East.

Sunday

I started the day by doing my laundry. Then I went to Almansor's driving range. I really suck at hitting balls now, I'm not sure why, part of it might just be because it's been a while since I've played/practiced. I will have to bring my rampant slicing up at my next lesson.

I had dinner (take out) from Senor Fish and watched the Lakers' game at a friend's place. They were getting beat down so I left during the fourth quarter...big mistake. The Lakers proceeded to go on a crazy run and make the game a respectable loss rather than a beating. I guess I'll keep watching games until the end from now on.

Summary


No comments: