Friday, July 18, 2008

Anime Expo Part 4: Sunday July 6th

Sunday

Sunday morning was spent wandering the Artists Alley. I did not buy anything (go go saving) but my companions did. I definitely enjoyed browsing all the artwork though. That's always great. It's great to see Ace Attorney / Gyakuten Saiban being represented in fanart!

I spent the closing hours of the con wandering the exhibit hall but not really buying anything. I'm pretty impressed with my newfound ability to not buy things. One can only hope I do as well during Comic Con.

After the con I had dinner at Tamaya, it's the new ramen place on Main / Las Tunas in Alhambra. I like the variety of dishes, but my ramen was a bit too salty. Still, I get a bit tired of Shinsengumi because you can only get 1 type of broth where at Tamaya you can get 1 of 3 and they have other dishes too.

My group managed to catch a showing of Hancock before calling it a night. I am a huge fan of Will Smith. I've seen him almost all his films including the likes of Wild Wild West. Hancock was throughly mediocre. The first half of this movie is awesome because it's Will Smith performing SuperDickery. The second half...not so much. I didn't like or buy the twist in the 2nd half of the film. Still the acting was good enough. I enjoyed seeing Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman reunited again after their Arrested Development arc.

All in all, I totally enjoyed the first Anime Expo held at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Hopefully next year's will be just as awesome!

No comments: