Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weekend Update 6/27/08 - 6/29/08

(In an effort to increase the regular content on this blog and in order to figure out just what I do with my life, I've decided to start keeping records of my activities on the weekends. This is sure to be more boring than a Physics/English lecture for the three of you reading this blog, so feel free to skip this entry. These are mainly for me.)

Friday

This was a fairly mild night. I finished watching Dexter Season 1 while doing my laundry. The series reminds me of a live action Death Note. There are a lot of similarities between Light and Dexter, and they both have ridiculously homo-erotic relationships with their rivals too. (Light has L and Dexter has the Ice Truck Killer). All in all I enjoyed this season and am looking forward to getting season 2 on DVD.

Saturday

I played Azusa Greens Country Club in the afternoon. My front 9 was terrible but I made up for it on the back 9, almost breaking 50. My game was totally pw3nd by sand bunkers. Those things easily accounted for 5+ strokes. I will have to figure out how to deal with these obstacles someday....

I spent the evening eating dinner at Twohey's. It seems like I'm here quite often, probably because it's close to where one of my friends lives. They also have something for everyone though I think I would rather go to an Asian cafe if we are going to "satisfy everyone" route.

I caught an evening showing of Wanted after dinner. The film was good but not great. However, it was much better than the comic, though this isn't a hard feat. The comic has such a terrible ending that any sort of mediocre ending (which the film has) would be better.

Sunday

I looked at a bunch more apartments/condos/houses with my sister. Unfortunately we only found one really good place. We're applying for this place, hopefully we get it as I feel it has just about everything we're looking for. Admittedly the kitchen is not that big but I don't think that's a huge deal because neither of us are hardcore chefs. There are also parking issues but honestly neither of us have guests over that often.

I treated my sister and her boyfriend to lunch at JJ Cafe which was followed by some Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition. It was fun role playing a bit even our party is teetering on the edge of collapse due to conflicting personalities and alignments. (All this despite no one being evil.)

I had dinner at Diner on Main. I enjoyed their turkey meatloaf and tapioca pudding. The pudding had way too much gelatin in it but for some reason I still enjoyed the texture. It was odd but delicious.

Summary

No comments: