Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend Update 08/15/2008 - 08/17/2008



Friday

I spent the evening preparing for the garage sale on Saturday. It took longer than expected and I ended up eating dinner at Ohana Hawaiian BBQ...yes I went back on my promise. It was 9:50 PM and I was desperate.

Saturday

This was the day of the big collective yard sale I had with some of my friends. I did not sell that many items but I made $29. That tied me for the least amount of $$$ made on this, but it's not a big deal. Interestingly enough, the person that sold the most items did NOT make the most money as someone sold a golf set for $25. The maximum money received by one individual was $60.75 and all together we cleared $225 in sales. That's a lot more than I thought we'd do.

I learned that a table at Frank and Sons is only $50 or so and that I should be selling my stuff there as all the stuff I want to get rid off is technically "collectible". It also fulfills a part of my "Geek Bucket List" to become a vendor. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am excited. (Clearly I live a sad, sad life!)

I spent the evening eating dinner at Tofu House. I've always wanted to eat here just because it's close by. I honestly can't tell the difference between a good Korean tofu place and a poor one, but this one seemed ok to me. The dishes they brought out at the beginning were a bit weird; they had the standard stuff like kimchi, fish, and pickled vegetables but they also had broccoli and seaweed. Additionally there was free desert from a soft serve ice cream machine. (?!) I ended up REALLY full after my dinner here proving once again that I am a glutton.

I caught an evening showing of The Clone Wars after dinner. The film was throughly mediocre. It really was watching a tv-pilot in a movie theater. The animation was jerky for the humans but good for everything else. The dialog was honestly terrible, but for Star Wars it was quite good. It was certainly no Attack of the Clones. The film is also aimed at kids, so be prepared for some cute humorous scenes between newcomer Ahsoka and Anakin.

I'm definitely a fan of Ahsoka though; the Star Wars universe definitely needs a scrappy rookie character. I'm also glad we have a non-evil female lightsaber user though Ahsoka is the same race as Shaak-Ti. I guess everyone loves female Togrutas.

Also I think this film is worth watching because of Ziro the Hutt. He is everything Jar Jar should have been. That's all I'm going to say about that, but he really is super awesome.

Sunday

This was a pretty lazy day. I played Altei and SoulCalibur IV. I also got in a lesson at GolfTec. I cooked dinner and ate at home.

No comments: